Hey look! Other pages to oogle at..

Wednesday, 9 November 2011

The week that was... well.. no it wasn't!

What have I been up to over the last week? Well.. I have had the flu, yes that nasty virus that likes to make you feel like every inch of your body is bruised, somehow makes your nose both run and be solidly blocked at the same time, and creates a cough powerful enough to dislodge your spleen. Now, yes, I am a male, so that means any flu, cold, or bug I get instantly becomes the man flu. Now, as far as man flu goes, this was on the nastier end of the scale. Now I don't expect any sympathy from people, and don't even really want it. I didn't become bed ridden, I could still do all my own tasks, so not sympathy worthy. Just a right royal pain in my butt!!! The thing I hate most about getting sick is the time off work. I know most people will find this weird. But I do actually enjoy my job and feel bad when anything stops me from working the hours rostered to me. I guess you could call me a bit of a company loyalist, as I take pride in my work and enjoy doing it to the best of my ability. That and I have spent most of my life working in an industry that expects that unless you are physically unable to move you come to work. So it is pretty built into me that I should be at work unless restricted to bed. However, since I now work in an office environment it is now encouraged that you stay away from work when sick so you do not pass it on to others. To me this just doesn't feel right, as I am still perfectly capable of doing the work, I am just sick with the flu. But in saying this I do fully understand that staying away from work is the better option, as making others sick would just put a lot more strain on the workplace. So being at home all week I have just been helping my wife out with our bubba, and just enjoying spending time with my wee man. Hopefully soon I will be able to muster up the will power to do a proper review post or something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment